The John J. Hemmingson Foundation is proud to announce a partnership with the Companions Animal Center. The current facility is over 40 years old and a capital campaign continues as construction has started on the new building. CAC is a no-kill shelter and the new building will allow them to house twice as many animals. The total goal is to raise $8M, which will include a veterinarian clinic and the ability to expand for future growth.
After touring the facility a few years ago, John Hemmingson decided to donate $250,000 towards the project. The owner of an adopted dog himself – Hailey Hemmingson – John wanted to help ensure as many animals as possible can receive help from the Companions Animal Center.
Architerra, a Lakeside Company, is also partnering with the shelter. Architerra is committed to supporting our community and those who live in it and have a very soft spot for animals. Architerra is working together with the shelter on several events throughout the year, including:
- Donating a portion of every home sold to Companions Animal Center
- Holding pet adoption drives, including one at our community yard sale in June:
- Architerra filled 7 trucks with goods donated to the Companions Animal Center Thrift Shop.
- Kilo, a cute little pup, was adopted!
- All donations received from the food trucks were donated back to CAC
- For the upcoming Parade of Homes event, a small dog house matching the model home will be on display to drive additional donations to CAC.
You can learn more about the Companions Animal Center and the capital campaign here: